Monday, April 15, 2013

Ouch! I Got A Toothache!

Today is number 15 of my 30-day poetry-writing spree and things are still going well.

[It was fortunate for me that I had today’s offering virtually set prior to learning of the tragedy occurring in Boston as marathon runners approached the race’s finish line. Whereas filling this blog with positive input is my goal, I cannot post today without mentioning this tragedy. It was devastating to Boston to the United States and to the world as a whole. My heart goes out to all of the injured, as well as their families and friends, and especially to those who lost lives during this senseless act of terror…]

Today’s offering is about acquiring a toothache. I will add pics on a later date. For now… I give you the poem…

Ouch! I Got A Toothache!


Today I got a toothache

Once arriving at the lake

Had yet to eat griddled steak

Oh, gee whiz—for goodness sake


Ex-cru-ci-a-ting pain

Intent on driving me insane

Suppressed chewing a candy cane

Made me whine and then complain


Gums throbbing wicked sore

Brain fighting ailment war

Feeling better constant chore

Hurt so much I almost swore


No idea why tooth hurt

Started while removing shirt

About to play in muddy dirt

Along with Sara, Kim, and Bert


Anyhow what is the dif

It’s not why but only if

This pain puts me in a tiff

To hang loose or swaddle stiff


Wrapped inside my sleeping bag

Head to chin tied with a rag

Holding ice making me gag

Trying to talk with words that drag

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 15, 2013

I hope you enjoyed this silly poem about acquiring a toothache. You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about toothaches, in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...