Sunday, April 14, 2013

Squeezing Toothpaste from the Tube

Orange and white striped Aquafresh toothpaste squeezing from tube.
Today is number 14 of my 30-day poetry-writing spree and things are still going well. Except for the fact that I’ve been posting my works later than I would like to, not a day has gone by without my posting a verse to this blog.

Today’s offering is about squeezing toothpaste from a tube. I have more to say about this act and will come back later to update this poem.

So without further ado… I give you the poem as it is right now…


Glob of toothpaste squeezed from the tube
Squeezing Toothpaste from the Tube

Squeezing toothpaste from the tube

Smearing it around like glue

Smashing on the counter

Squishing like sweet goo

Is not something I would do

Even to cheer up from the blues

I think that I would cower

To even squeeze a flower

On most days but then again

If the tube’s sleek shiny skin

Lured my fingers to its tin

I may obtain the power

To squeeze a pasty tower

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 12, 2013

I hope you enjoyed this silly poem about squeezing toothpaste. Now watch the video in which I 'actually' squeezed a tube near empty below...

Have a toothpaste squeezing poem? You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about toothpaste, in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really nice poem. I was referenced by your youtube video - very satisfying! Please don't stop writing, you are incredible. Thank you for posting. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your funny poem here...