Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Caught A June Bug!

Today is number 16 of my 30-day poetry-writing spree and things are still going well.

Although it is not yet June, I decided to write about catching a June Bug since I happen to have taken pictures and video of the little buggers a few years ago.

So now.. I give you the poem…

I Caught A June Bug!

June Bug landed in tree with white flowers
I saw a June Bug

Flying near a tree

Buzzing even louder

Than a big bumblebee


Sleek green shell


Sparkling o’er his wings

I made my mind to catch it


‘Cause June Bugs do not sting

I zipped across the yard

Stood by flowered branches


Peeked between white petals

Where I could much better
June Bug landed near green leaves

Climbed over a thin twig

Then onto pure white flowers

Growing from a tree

 


June Bug on a finger with one wing sticking out from its body
That's when I saw my fingers

Reaching above my head

Gently lifting the bug

Placing it in my hand

Yes, I caught a June Bug


Held—then let him go

In case you wonder why

It’s because I could do so

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 16, 2013

I hope you enjoyed this poem about catching a June Bug. You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about bugs, in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...