Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Cat on the Screen Door

Cat on screen door
Day ten into my 30-day challenge I must say as much as I love poetry this task is truly giving me a run for my money!


That does not mean it is no fun; however, so do not get me wrong…

I began today’s poem after watching one of my cats climbing on a screen door. This act has become a habit of his. Sometimes he simply lacks patience when waiting for someone to open the door so he climbs it to force his humans to pay attention….

LOL!
HA! HA!

Here goes…


The Cat on the Screen Door

The cat climbed on the screen door


His claws pushed through the holes

He was so plump and heavy

The holes began to grow



When they reached tennis ball size

Kitty cat’s paws went through

Seconds before he knew it

His head and tail swished too



Dangling like four furry worms

His legs hung through the stretching form

His tail close to his back right paw

Flipped and flapped and swept like straw



Kitty kept hanging—though in shock

Appalled at how the screen had blocked

His full torso from slipping through

With tail and head and his paws too



Soon he cried his help meow

Then realized he had nine lives

He bit the screen blocking his chest

His teeth maiming the armored vest

Finally crashing to the floor

Then tramped back out the marred screen door

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 10, 2013

I hope you enjoyed this screen-door-climbing cat-inspired poem. I will add pics when I catch him in the act again. Meanwhile, you can watch a video below of the same cat laying in the bathtub awaiting a drink of water. I do not know how long he waited but he stayed in the tub until his human (me) came along and turned on the water thus allowing him to fulfill his quest to quench his thirst.

As always, you can leave a poem of your own, especially one about a kitty, in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

Brother cat waits for and drinks water from bathtub faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...