Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Monkey Broke Out Of A Zoo


Today is number 27 of my 30-day quest to pen a poem a day in recognition of April poetry month for 2013. With only three days to go, I am well on my way to completing my goal!

Today’s poem involves a chain of events that occur as the results of a monkey breaking out of a zoo. I will add more to this one later, but for now, I give you...

A Monkey Broke Out Of A Zoo

A monkey broke out of the zoo

Decked out in blue jeans and bamboo

Shimmied up a pole

Took out a sweet roll

And ate it from a silver bowl


The empty bowl fell to the ground

Bopping the hard head of a hound

Who angrily barked

Thereby frightening a lark

That hastily flapped to a park


In the park stood a kangaroo

As tall as the Wall of Berlin

It hopped on the bird

That bounced like a nerd

Landing on planet Saturn

Written by R. Renée Bembry
© April 27, 2013

Hope you enjoyed this poem about a monkey. You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about birthdays, in the comments section below; and don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...