Monday, April 22, 2013

Preparing To Eat A Cupcake

Cupcake with white frosting confetti sprinkles topped with strawberry
Today is number 22 of my 30-day quest to pen poetic verses in recognition of April poetry month 2013. My intent is to write at least one poem every day and currently I am still ahead of the game since I penned two pieces on one of my posting days. In case you are wondering, I posted Finger Pricking Cactus in this blog and the other extra poem, Heartache Mountain, at another one of my sites.

At any rate... today’s offering involves eating… or at least preparing to eat a cupcake… So… without further ado... Here is the poem…



Preparing To Eat A Cupcake

Prepare to eat a cupcake

Open your mouth too wide

Ready your teeth for sinking

Into frosting with pride


Eyes already tasting

Flavors of cake paste

Chocolate lemon vanilla

Try not to gulp in haste


Oh yeah and the confetti

Colorful candy bits

Flavors excite your taste buds

Leads your tongue to fits


Prior to taking a bite—

Pulling at paper fan

Your throat yearns in delight

Simply because it can

Written by R. Renée Bembry
© April 22, 2013

Hope you enjoyed this poem about getting ready to eat a cupcake.

You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about cupcakes, in the comments section below; and don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...