Sunday, April 7, 2013

Marshmallow Peeps


Pink marshmallow Peeps in row of five
Okay... Today is number seven of my 30-day poetry challenge for this April's poetry-month celebration and I am getting this offering posted just in the knick of time! With just under 15 minutes to go, I managed to add the following Peep candy verse to keep my goal of adding at least one poem to this blog every day this month. This poem is a short one considering other things I would like to write about Peep candies but time did not permit me to embellish much today so I may add to it later. Pics to come later as well...

Marshmallow Peeps


Marshmallow Peeps lined in a diagonal row of five
Did you eat a Peep chick with creamy marshmallow inside?

You know that awesome candy with a pink sugary hide

The sugar glitters and it shines

Beneath dark chocolate dots for eyes

Pink marshmallow peeps side by side
Pink sugar rough against your tongue

Till melted colors dye it for

A couple of hours that’s when

You munch on more Peep chicks again

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 7, 2013


I hope you enjoyed this piece about Peeps candy and as always, you should feel free to leave a poem of your own, especially one about candy in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...