Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Wouldn’t Want To Be A Snail

Brown and black California garden snail crawling with tentacles and eyes exposed
Today is number 18 of my 30-day poetry-writing spree and things are still going well.

Today’s offering begins talking about a snail and then goes on to talk about random animals and things. It is a bit of a poem potpourri of things one would not want to be. I will come back to add pictures later…

For now… I give you the poem…


I Wouldn’t Want To Be A Snail


I wouldn’t want to be snail

Hiding in the grass

Frightened that millions of feet

Could smash me when they pass


I wouldn’t want to be a quail

Flying through the sky

Hunters scattered down below

Dreaming of poultry fry


I wouldn’t want to be a nail

Getting hammered on the head

Or one on a chicken finger

Clipped and painted red



I wouldn’t want to be a rail

Dealing with nasty germs

Not to mention tons of weight

Crushing me like a fern


I wouldn’t want to be a pail

Visiting a salty beach

Held with a rusty handle

Always making me screech

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 18, 2013


I hope you enjoyed this poem about snails and things you would not want to be. You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about snails and things, in the comments section below. Plus, don't forget you can help a kid leave a poem for me and others to read in the comments section as well...

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...