Thursday, April 4, 2013

Where Did The Roly-poly Go?

Roly-Poly Pill Bug
 
Today is day 4 of my 30 poems of April poetry challenge in which I am striving to write at least one poetic verse every single day... which... I must add... so far so good. I can even give myself kudos for taking, processing, and posting my own pictures which had not been a component of my initial plan!
So with 4 poems down and 26 to go, I submit my take on the fascination of roly-poly bugs in the minds of children.

Roly-polys are fascinating little bugs that intrigue their observers around the world.


Also known as pill bugs or sow bugs, roly-polys get their nickname from their ability to curl their bodies into balls. Children often roll roly-poly balls to see how far they can go; but before rolling a pill bug you must lift one...

Where Did The Roly-Poly Go?


Where did the roly-poly go?

I found him then I lost him.

Where did the roly-poly go?

I must see him again.


Where did the roly-poly go?

Did he crawl in the grass?

Where did the roly-poly go?

Good grief he moved so fast.


Little roly-poly with your


Gray charming six-part segment back

That makes up your thorax

Made me excited just  to think

How much I’d make you roll

Only you slipped away somewhere

Like down that dirty hole


I like it when your thorax curves

Transforms to a ball

I’d rather roll your gray orb than

Go shopping at the mall


Oh roly-poly guacamole

I wish you had slithered slowly

So my little tiny fingers could have

Placed you in my hand


Oh roly-poly ravioli

Show yourself to my eyes only

Don’t know how they lost sight of you

Must have been Sid’s distracting view


He handed me a piece of gum

Tasted so swell under the sun

Made my mind pay more attention

To sweet and red and white chicle


Oh, chubby roly-poly

Please tell me where you have hid

Once done rolling your orb I'll promptly

Lay you in my bed
Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 4, 2013

Adults... You can leave a poem of your own or help a kid leave one for others to read in the comments section below... Also, feel free to comment on what you think of this one.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...