Friday, April 5, 2013

Finger Pricking Cactus

Today is day 5 of my 30 poems of April poetry challenge in which I am striving to write at least one poetic verse every single day. The poem below, about a cactus, is the second of two offerings I completed today. The first one called Heartache Mountain is posted in my potluck blog. I posted it there because it is neither funny nor humorous as pieces here. I wrote the short cactus verses on this page because I decided to post at least 30 poems in this blog during my April poetry month challenge.


Finger Pricking Cactus


Cactus pricked my finger

Cause I did not see its spike

Sharper than mom’s needle

Poked me on a nature hike


Posing for a picture

Laughing jumping all around

I bumped into its prickle

Then I fell right to the ground

Written by R. Renée Bembry
April 5, 2013

I will come back to add pics [and maybe even more verses] to this page later...

Meanwhile... Adults... You can leave a poem of your own, especially one about cactus, or help a kid leave one for others to read in the comments section below... Also, feel free to comment on what you think of this one.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your funny poem here...